Vilas County Wisconsin
Vilas County Social Services Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
- It shall have all the powers and duties granted by §46.22, Wisconsin Statutes.
- It shall select a chairperson, a secretary, and such other officers as it deems necessary.
- Pursuant to §46.22(2)(e), Wisconsin Statutes, it is responsible for the appointment of all staff in the department.
- It shall supervise the working of the department and shall be a policy making body determining the broad outlines and principles governing the administration of the functions, duties and powers assigned to the department.
- It shall consult with the director concerning the preparation of the annual budget and the annual report and the appointment of necessary personnel.
- It shall recommend to the Personnel Committee the reclassification and promotion of qualified personnel.
- It shall submit such resolutions to the County Board as are deemed necessary to administer the department's programs.
- It shall periodically review the County's emergency relief policy to insure such program is administered according to law.
- Juvenile Intake shall report to this Board for budgetary and expenditure oversight purposes, while all other supervisory and personnel responsibilities for that office shall be performed by the Circuit Court.