Vilas County Wisconsin
Vilas County Personnel Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
- It shall consider and evaluate all requests and problems relating to wages, salaries, fringe benefits (including employee health insurance), and job descriptions, making recommendations to the County Board.
- It shall be the designated representative of the Vilas County Government relating to labor union negotiations for the Highway Department, Courthouse, Social Worker and Law Enforcement Associations and all other non union County employees, and shall report their recommendations to the Board for action. No contract or agreement shall be considered adopted without County Board approval.
- Any and all changes in the work policy manuals for union and non union employees shall be investigated by this committee. Subject to change by the County Board, the Personnel Committee may adopt such rules and regulations governing work policies for union and non-union employees as it considers necessary and advisable, pursuant to Resolution 96-38.
- It may call the chairmen of the various committees and department heads having County employees under their jurisdiction to appear before the Committee to present testimony that is relevant to the problem presented to it.
- When disputes and grievances arise between any labor union employees and the County, or any non union employee and the County, discussions for settlement of said grievances and disputes shall be conducted by the Committee. It shall be governed by Chapter 111 of the Wisconsin Statutes as it relates to Public Employment Relations.
- Unless otherwise required by statute or standing rules, it shall conduct all interviews for County employees. Final selection shall be made by this Committee.