Vilas County Wisconsin
Vilas County Highway Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
||Mark Vander Bloomen
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY HIGHWAY COMMITTEE
- It shall be the duty of this Committee to receive and make recommendations upon all highway matters referred to it by the County Board.
- It shall make annual reports and recommendations to the County Board on all matters pertaining to their jurisdiction in accordance with §83.015 of the Statutes.
- It shall direct the expenditure of highway maintenance funds received from the State or provided by county tax. Equipment expenditures in excess of $25,000 must be authorized by County Board resolution setting forth the present balance available for such purchases or contracts.
- It shall be designated as the Natural Beauty Council of Vilas County. The Highway Commissioner shall be responsible for coordinating this program.
- The Highway Commissioner shall report to this committee.
- The Highway Committee shall elect its own Chairperson and Vice Chairperson.