Vilas County Wisconsin
Vilas County Board of Adjustment Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT COMMITTEE
- It shall consist of five members and two alternates, appointed by the County Board Chairperson, approved by the County Board, whose shall serve staggered three year terms, beginning July 1st §59.694(2), Wisconsin Statutes. Alternates shall be designated by the County Board as the first alternate and second alternate, pursuant to Wis. Stat. 59.694(2)(bm).
- The members shall all reside within the County and outside the limits of the City of Eagle River. No two members shall reside within the same town.
- It shall select it's own Chairperson.
- The Chairperson or, in his/her absence, the acting Chairperson may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses.
- It shall carry out and conduct its business in accordance with Article 10 of Vilas County Zoning Ordinance No. 85.
- It shall carry out and conduct its business in accordance with the Rules and By-Laws which have been approved and adopted by the Vilas County Board of Supervisors. §59.694(3), Wisconsin Statutes.
- It shall receive compensation as provided for members of all County Standing Committees.
- All meetings of the Board of Adjustment shall be open to the public. §59.694(3), Wisconsin Statutes.